Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Backyard is a swamp and other rain gripes.

So I decided just before to go out and see how 'wet" the backyard is and well it's a swamp.  Water everywhere with grass just hiding it and it's still pissing down.  I have an old 10L bowl in which I keep my pegs in and it's so full the pegs washed out of it.

I may need to sandbag my back varandah(sp?) because it's started filling with water.  My feet are cold from being wet all the time.

Now for my other gripe, My mum lives in Country Victoria and every single town around her are on flood alert or have flood.  So far her town is safe but since it's built right on a creek I am guessing it won't stay that way for long.  Plus she works 45 minutes from home and may get flooded in there and would have to be helicoptered home LOL.

I couldn't find raincoats and gumboots for the kids at the local shops and I HATE driving in the rain so I have to wait for hubby to wake up (nightshift) to drive me elsewhere to go looking for them elsewhere.  OMG who would have thought that at the start of Autumn they would be sold OUT of gumboots and raincoats.

I am hoping that the rain stops before Monday as it's youngest girlchild's 6th birthday OMG where did the time go and I want her to have a nice sunny day for her birthday.  Also a big up your ass for McDonald's for almost ruining her Birthday party by not sending me a conformation email saying that it was all booked.  And leaving it for me to chase you UP TWICE about only for them to tell me Oh yeah it's book we just didn't send you the email.  WTF?  You just decided NOT to send me the email I need and stressed me out for NO reason you bunch of IDIOTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment