Tuesday, February 28, 2012

One stuffed up summer

Where the hell is summer?

A few hot days doesn't equal summer it really doesn't.  This summer has been rather wet and dreary.  Today we are on day 3 of nothing but rain with more rain predicted.  Place near us are on flood and evacuation alert.  Maybe it's just where I am living but it seems like summer is a thing of the past, you know those hot days where all you want to do is stay in a pool of cold cold water because you know it's the only way you are going to stay cool.

I want the summer of old to come back either that or I am going to have to start nagging hubby to move again(not that we actually move I just nag we are stuck here because of his job).  I think this is why I love visiting my mum in summer the days are hot and the night are mild(unless it gets over 40 degrees Celsius-104 F) then at 4am in the morning it's still stinking hot and you can't sleep.

Who would think that you would have to buy umbrella's in summer just so you can walk your kids to school.  It's stupid.  Summers are for hot days and long nights, cool drinks, not hot tea/coffee.  Singlet tops, not jumpers, Shorts not tracksuit pants.  Bathers not umbrella's.

Give me back my summers.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, new follower here. I agree! I don't love the heat but this summer weather has just been silly. The worst part for me is trying to keep up with the rate my stupid lawn grows.

    ReplyDelete