Friday, February 3, 2012

Buying School stuff.

I remember going to school and everything was already there all set up and ready to go. These days you are given a list with the price of the cost of everything at the bottom from one shop(or maybe that only happens here?) For my 3 kids that is a total of over $500 just for stationary. Then there is the buying of new school shoes :O and new uniforms because your kids have outgrown last years ones over the summer holiday.

So Today was the dreaded day that I went out to do all of this, left the house and 9:30am and didn't get back in until 4pm all of this spent shopping with husband and 3 kids in tow. What a nightmare. Kids want everything under the sun Husband wants me to hurry the hell up he just doesn't get it that it takes time. The kids need to be measured in their feet because they are just growing growing growing, Child 1 at 10 has the same sized foot as I do at 31(at least this means we can borrow each others shoes right?) Child 2 has gone up another shoe size so has child 3. Child 1 is almost as tall as I am as well with child 2 not far behind. There is the crying of I am hungry, I am thirsty and I am bored until I think my head is about to explode. Child 3 doesn't want a pair of shoes with laces, child 2 wants a pair of shoes but not any that are there. Child 1 has expensive taste in shoes(doesn't get it from me). And I still didn't get everything I need so I have to venture back out tomorrow but at least I can do that alone. 4 more days until school goes back, then I think I may just run away to Bora Bora(yes I am joking although it looks lovely)

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, my turn next week although school stuff here is provided at school (thank god).
    Am i invited to bora bora?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure you can come. It looks great I can picture my self there with a cocktail and a cabana boy(hehe)

    ReplyDelete