Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My eventful day.

I seem to have gotten the cleaning bug.  Today I looked around my house and saw that it was a bloody mess so I hopped to and started cleaning.  Well first I started off preparing tonight's dinner Beef Goulash cooked to perfection in my slow cooker(best invention EVER).

Then I unpacked and repacked the dishwasher, Wiped down the bench washed the dishes that didn't fit into the dishwasher.  Then I swept and Vacuumed the floor then steam mopped it.  My floors are looking super clean.  Tomorrow's jobs will be the bathrooms, lounge and hallways and if I have enough time my room.

I always seem to get more done when husband isn't home, I don't know why that is maybe it's because I so rarely see him I would rather spend alone time with him now that the kids are all in school than clean the house. Or it could just be that I am hoping he will see what needs to be done and pitch in and help.  Although this is always wishful thinking because if he sees it he just seems to ignore it.

I remember once when I was totally snowed under with the kids and couldn't ever get on top of the house work(when the kids were younger) Husband told me to give him 2 jobs and they would be his.  So I asked him to stack the dishwasher and fold and put away the clothes.  My 2 most hated jobs.  This arrangement lasted a whole entire week before it was back to falling all on me.

He then told me he would stack the dishwasher if I scraped the plates, rinsed them and stacked them up in a pile next to the dishwasher.  LOL If I was doing all of that why don't I just stack them in the dishwasher myself.

To give him props he does do housework when I nag at him, he just seems to suffer from domestic blindness.  Unless it's the kids rooms then he see's it.

Oh well with him working one more day this week I should have the house clean before Saturday and we may just spend time together as a family rather than hubby and the kids going out and I am left at home cleaning up after them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment