Sunday, March 4, 2012

Why do children have to grow up?

I am feeling a little down today, 6 years ago on this day I gave birth to my 3rd and final child and now she is 6. It's not fair where did my cute little baby go?  And who is this independent child who replaced her?  It's not like I haven't gone through this before I have twice now.  It's just a bit harder when it's your baby.  You have to let them go past the "baby" stage and let them move on and upwards to tweenage hood.

It gets even worse when your 10 year old daughter has the same size foot you do(ladies 8) and is half a head shorter than you.  Where did that baby go and who the hell told her she could grow so tall?  And my son isn't far behind his eldest sister at a head shorter than me and is turning into a fine young man right in front of my eyes.  And do you know what makes me sad?  The fact that my husband has missed half of it.  His missed all of the children's first steps, he got to hear their first words(dad, ball and finally MUM) His work has been so demanding of his time(which amuses me greatly because it's suppose to be "family friendly").

So here I am sitting here today bemoaning to myself the fact that my baby is now 6.  I was thinking earlier today that maybe I could go another one then I realised that I have passed the baby stage, toddler stage, screaming tantrum stage(mostly) and I am slowly moving on to the next chapter of parenthood, the dreaded teenage years, yet oddly enough they don't fill me with dread.  I am constantly told by my MIL(Mother in law) that I am being paid back times 3 for the horror child husband was during his childhood years.  Which is fine I am coping(and getting grey hair) but coming up against my self times 3 has me rubbing my hands with glee.  I can't wait.  I know every trick in the book more than likely WROTE half of them.  I will be able to catch them at every turn.  And with Technology they way it is these days Track them at every turn.

I remember when our oldest was born husband and I were having an argument about GPS chipping our children so we could track them when they were teens, I was the no side and he was on the yes side.  Now it doesn't matter we can just track them through their phones and won't tell them.  I do feel sorry for them though things were so much easier when I was a child/teen none of these smartphones, no text messages or emails to parent when you wag school just a note home at the end of term my mum never bothered to read just signed LOL.

Here ends today's rantings for now.  With a Big Happy 6th Birthday to my baby girl.  Happy Birthday Baby mum loves you heaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment