Sunday, March 4, 2012

OMG I have become my parents.

As a kid I always swore to my parents that when I was a parent I was NEVER going to be like them.  Turns out I was wrong I have become my parents.  I say stuff to the kids and turn around to see if my mum is there then realise it's me.

It's really disconcerting I even get my mothers tone going.  When the hell did this happen?  How the hell did this happen?

Don't get me wrong my mum was great(still is) but she use to have these sayings that would drive me crazy.  I am sure you know them all parents use the same ones.  You know the " Because I am the mum", "because I said so".  "Do as I say not as I do".  All the sayings used to drive children crazy and then I go and use them myself.

I suppose it could be worse I could have become my father who's idea of telling us what to do was with a smack on the butt.


I don't wanna to be my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment