Friday, March 9, 2012

A right Royal Macca's(McDonald's) Fuck up

Today was my youngest child's birthday party.  We decided to have it at McDonald's.  I did the right thing went in to book the party and was told to do it online.   So I came home and booked the party online.  Then I waited and waited and waited for the conformation email and nothing came so I went back to McDonald's and told them how I hadn't received my conformation email about the party.  They took my details and told me they would call me the next day to fix the issue.  The call never came so 4 days later I was back at McDonald's talking to them again.

This time they told me yes the party was book for the 10th of March for 11:30am til 12:30pm in the afternoon gave me the invitations and sent me on my way with a see you on the 10th.  Invitations went out all but 1 person said they were coming(not bad out of 10 invites) and we were all set or so you would think.

Today we got to the Macca's 15 minutes early and THEY HAD NO RECORD OF THE PARTY AT ALL.  Just some vague reference to it.  So they had 15minutes to set up a party I had been planning for 14 days.  I did what they said I took the easier route of booking it online and they still MESSED IT UP.  Thankfully they didn't have another party booked and scrambled to get ours sorted before the guests arrived.  I was so angry I had done everything right did what they said and they still messed it up.  Luckily youngest had no idea of the stuff up and had a great party in the end.

Oh and it turns out their party planner had quit a month earlier and they hadn't hired a new one.  I think Monday morning I may take myself down there and offer them my services as their new party planner working Monday to Friday 9:30am til 2pm making sure no one else suffers this kind of stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment