Wednesday, June 13, 2012

An Amazing blog post.

I have just read the most amazing blog post, it pulled on my heartstrings and decided that I had to share it.
http://www.danoah.com/2011/11/im-christian-unless-youre-gay.html This is one of the most sad and loving things I have ever read.  When I first saw the title I though ok this is going to be a great rant about religion and their stance on homosexuality but it isn't it's much much more.

It's a blog about love about acceptance and about tolerance.  It's about living life to the fullest and while accepting the "sinner" but hating the "sin"(just to be clear I don't think that homosexuality is a sin).  It's about looking past people's differences and seeing the actual story within.  I sat here reading this blog(please read it all but be warned it's long 3 pages long) and I was crying and in it I recognised something of me in it.  I am not a religious person and I am not tolerant of those who are and try to "convert" me.  I have been rude and judgemental about it and I have hurt people.  Hurting people was never my intention I just wanted them to stop preaching and leave me alone.

I am a great support of homosexual rights and I am big on fighting for marriage equality for same sex couples.  I believe you have the right to your religion just like I have the right not to believe.  But have I been hurting people with my judgements, I have rolled my eyes and shouted them down instead of respecting their positions.  I have friends of many faiths but even they now not to talk to me about it and I use it to ridicule them and in doing that I am no better than those using religion to cover up their hatred.  This blog opened my eyes and for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment