Monday, April 9, 2012

Reading.

I love reading there is nothing more relaxing to me than curling up with a book and reading for hours on end(or til I finish the book whichever comes first).  I have a love of romance novel and classics(eg the anne of green gables series and the little woman series).  But my biggest love is romance novel and it never takes me long to read one.  I fell in love with historical(American history/wild west/cowboys and Indians) at the age of 16 and have been reading them ever since.  I don't know why but I really enjoy the stories and the romance from the days of old.  Some of the new books have women falling in love with guys who are total assholes.  If someone spoke to me like the guys in some of the books spoke to the woman he would get my fist in his face and would never see me again let alone a happily ever after.

The only down side to reading is that I taught myself to speed read which means I can read the books rather fast then I am left with nothing.

I remember out shopping once I grabbed about 7 books to read and headed to the check out the guy serving me comment on that was a good months worth of reading I laughed and said  month?  this will barely last me the week.  He looked so shocked.

I currently own about 500 plus books( I stopped counting) and I have read and re read every single book I own.  Reading is becoming such and expensive hobby because I now have to buy the books overseas because I am looking for books from series I have started or have read about in the back of the books I own.  I am not talking about the 200 page mills and boon books(although I do own a lot of these) I am talking 300 to 500 pages gone in little more than 3 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love reading and so wish I had the time to read more. I like crime/thriller novels :P

    ReplyDelete