Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I think I am rude you tell me.

Ok so it's Government budget time yet again and once again there are whiners and whingers nothing unusual there but one story I read really pissed me off.  A single woman was whinging about not getting anything but paying a crap load of tax.

Lets set the picture she is a single woman no kids earning over $80k per YEAR and was whinging that she is getting nothing out of the budget yet she pays so much tax.  She was only going to get something when she was either OLD or was FORCED to have children(yes her words FORCED).  I have to say that if you are a single person on $80k a year and you are crying because you aren't going to be getting benefits then you are doing something WAY wrong and yes I posted a comment under the article to that effect.  How far outside of your pay packet are you living if you are on $80k a year and are complaining?

What the hell has gone on is Australia when people earning this much money are complaining that they need Government handouts to survive as a single person.  You have a decent paying job, you are able bodied what more do you want?

You want to know what you are getting for your tax dollars look at the roads you drive on, the police protecting your safety, the hospitals you use, the nurses who care for you, the medicare rebate you get, the public transport, the school you went to(public or private are both funded by the Government to some degree)  Just look around you to see what you are paying your taxes on.  Personally I would rather see the major amounts of money gathered by the Carbon tax and mining tax spend on hospitals, schools, and other stuff than another "free money" pay off but I am not in Government.

2 comments:

  1. I actually read the story about that person and wondered why on earth she was commenting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually after I commented the removed the ability to comment I guess my response wasn't what they were after

    ReplyDelete