Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The count down is on for school.

I love spending time with my kids but at the end of the summer holidays I am a frazzled wreak and the count down to school starts. Summer holiday's for us are fun. A visit to nan(my mum) normally starts off the holidays spending Christmas with nan. Unfortunately this normally means Christmas without dad because he is working. I guess a lot of you reading this are thinking why do you spend Christmas without your husband but it just works out that way and it's better to go away than spend Christmas alone with your kids while your husband is pulling at 12hr shift on Christmas day. At least this way we have the fun of being with family. Summer holidays at nan's means we go swimming every single day, we do little fun day trips to fun places and do fun things.

The only downside is that I am on call 24/7 I don't get a break from anywhere between 7 days and 14 days. I am sure a lot of you are thinking that my mum would watch the kids for me if I wanted to go out and trust me she would. However it's no fun going out on your own and she lives in a rather small town.

So back home again and this is where things get interesting husband is still working and I am left on my own with kids who soon become bored and start fighting. Then there is the whole no sleeping thing which I am left to deal with on my own because husband is either working a dayshift and is tired and gone to bed or working a night shift and is just plain gone.

It's a constant repeat day after day after day. By the time school goes back I am sure I have gained more grey hair just from the stress. So the count down to school is now on with only 6 days left before they start back at school and I become bored and miss them.

1 comment:

  1. Bored? This is the time you should plan to do things for yourself, You time so that when the kidlets come home, you are fresh and ready to go. xx

    ReplyDelete